Knee Strengthening Exercises And Stretches
In the present hectic world, most of the people are suffering from the tiredness and pains in the joints and knees. Actually, the knee is the most complex joint which bears virtually all the body weight while performing the straightening and bending, rotating and twisting functions. Knee pain is typically one of the most intolerable nuisances for most people as it hinders the ability to perform leg movements freely. For exercises to help promote knee strength and health, Here are some highly recommended knee strengthening exercises to strengthen your knees back to health.
Exercises to strengthen knees
Bent leg raises: One of the exercises that are highly effective in reducing knee pain in a highly effective way. To do this exercise do the following:
- Sit on a chair and straighten one leg in the air. hold for one minute.
- After holding, bend the knee to lower the leg about halfway to the floor and hold this position for 30 seconds.
- Drop the leg and repeat number 1 and 2 on the opposite leg.
- Do a total of 4 sets with each leg daily and you will begin building strength back into your knees.
Wall slides: One of the knee strengthening exercises which is effective on strengthening your knees with using a wall as support. To do this exercise do the following:
- Lean your back against the wall and bend your knees to 30 degrees while gliding down the wall as support.
- Move smoothly and slowly by using your hands on the wall for balance as .
- Repeat this exercise 5-10 times to slowly build strength back into your knees at a steady and controllable pace.
The stationary bike is also the best option to increase the strength of your knees through low-impact movements.
- To do so, you need to make sure you have the right placing of the legs. Your knee should bend to 15 degrees at the bottom of your pedal stroke.
- You can start this exercise with a 10 minutes duration session and later increase it as you begin to strengthen the knees.
See our list of highly rated exercise bikes here
When it comes to decreasing the pain of your injured knees, stretches are also one of the best remedies for a quicker recovery. The chair knee extensions and the knee flexion are two common knee stretches available that will help to reduce knee pain and boost recovery.
Chair knee extensions
- One of the stretches that can give you more strength to your knees. For this exercise, you need to sit on the chair and rest your foot on the other chair. Push the raised knee gently toward the floor using the leg muscles and hold this stretch for 5 to 10 seconds before releasing it.
- Another stretch to boost recover in which you need to sit on the chair and loop up a big towel under your foot. Then, you have to pull the towel using both hands to raise the foot for bending the knees. You can also hold this stretch for 5 seconds and repeat it for 5 times on each leg.