Boost Your Training With HIIT & Interval Treadmill Workouts
When one person has a weight loss goal to be fit and burn unnecessary fat, HIIT is a choice for many of them. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training which is one of the leading training trends in the body building & fitness industry. HIIT workouts will be very effective and quick to achieving your goal within a minimum time period. To do these type of work outs, there are many different ways available for the fitness trainees. Among them, the treadmill is a very good and apt choice for doing HIIT workouts.
3 Recommended HIIT workouts on the treadmill for maximum calories burned:
For HIIT treadmill workouts, the following are our three top recommended HIIT workouts routines.
Treadmill HIIT workout routine #1
- Basic warm up with walking or jogging for 10 minutes
- Run at 10 mph speed for 30 seconds to 1 minute
- Walk at 3.5 to 4 mph speed for 2 minutes
- Repeat the same cycle 7 more times
- Add a slight incline to the treadmill (if applicable)
- Cool down and walk for 5 minutes before stretching and drinking water
Treadmill HIIT workout routine #2
- Warm up for 5 minutes at the brisk walk speed
- Run at 7mph speed for 1 minute and at 5.5 mph for 2 minutes. Then, repeat this step for 5 times more.
- Walk at 3mph for 1 minute
- Run at 10 to 12 mph speed for 30 seconds and at 4 mph for 1 minute. Then, repeat this step for 5 more times.
- Finish with a 4 minutes cool down walk before stretching and drinking water.
Treadmill HIIT workout routine #3
- Warm up for 3 minutes at 10 kph speed.
- At the third minute, you have to increase the gradient to 10 %.
- You can continue running for 30 seconds, then overlap a treadmill.
- Take rest for about 30 seconds while increasing speed by 5 kph
- Jump back on for one more 30 seconds
- Repeat the same process until more 30 seconds
These HIIT treadmill workouts are very good in burning fat from your body.
Recommended For HIIT Workouts- The Confidence GTR Power Pro
Normal interval treadmill workouts:
These are two normal interval training to burn fat.
- The combination of slow & fast running can be very helpful to burn fat/calories and increase your metabolism rate. You have to plan a 30 minutes interval training.
- Warm up for 5 minutes
- Run at minimum pace for 30 minutes. Take 4 intervals.
- Set a treadmill incline to the one percentage.
- Interval I – 5 minutes warm up
- Interval II – 5 to 10 minutes sprinting at 8 mph
- Interval III, IV, and V- repeat the interval II by adjusting your sprint
- Internal VI – 25 to 30 minutes cool walk
- Hydrate, stretch and rest
The following are 2 hill/inclined treadmill workouts:
- To start, walk at the pace of 3.5 to 4 mph
- Slowly turn up an incline between 5 to 7 %
- Choose the steep incline or moderate incline
- Aim for 30 seconds on a steep incline at the challenging speed
- Two minutes recovery time
- Repeat the intervals for 5 more times.
Another hill/inclined workout on treadmill.
- Take usual race pace at 6 mph
- Incline up to 7.5 mph for 10 to 20 seconds
- Slow to 6 mph for 2 minutes recovery
- Speed up 6.5 mph and hold it for 2 minutes
- Two minutes recovery
Repeat the same for 5 more times.
You might also like 7 Highest Rated Best Selling Treadmills
Walking workout routine:
The following is regular walking workout in treadmill.
- If you are very new to walking workout, you need to try at least half an hour treadmill walking workout at the beginning stage.
- Walking at a lower pace (3-4.5 mph) is helpful for beginners to complete in 30 minutes.